Appointments may be booked either in person, by telephone or on-line.
Appointment Booking Guide
There is a huge demand for GP appointments. Before booking a routine GP appointment, please read the guidelines below to help you judge what appointment, if any, is required:
- to get Medical Paperwork completed by a doctor, make an administrative request (1 page pdf - 2 copies of form)
- Repeat Medication can usually be ordered without an appointment - see our Prescriptions section
- to find out Test Results, please telephone after 2pm one week after test taken or 2 weeks later for X-ray results
- Sickness Certificate (Fit Note) can be taken by telephone - see Fit Note Section.
- you can book a Telephone Consult for queries that you feel can be dealt with by telephone - this could be a follow-up query from a previous consultation or a new medical query. Your query will be directed to a GP, nurse practitioner or the practice pharmacist, as relevant
- Many conditions do not require a GP appointment - please see our Minor Illness and Self Help pages. Please note, GPs in this practice do not prescribe antibiotics for infections which usually get better on their own such as colds and flu.
For more specific guidance see our leaflet recommending what type of appointment to book for a range of common conditions (content coming soon) and:
- for conditions listed in blue, book an appointment with our minor illness nurse
- for conditions listed in red, consider visiting your local pharmacy - read more about conditions pharmacists can help with on the Bristol CCG website and/or on NHS Choices