We offer Online Services - once registered, these can be accessed by the buttons on our home page or from the links below:
EMIS Patient Access
To register for Online Services as a new user:
- Please attend Reception at either practice - you must come in person with 2 forms of identification, at least 1 of which must be photo ID (e.g. passport and/or driving licence)
- You will need to complete an application form which includes signing to say you have read our information leaflet
- Once we have received your completed form and verified your identity, a document will be printed with your log-on details and instructions
- You will need to use this document to complete your registration online at home - occasionally there are problems successfully completing registration (e.g. if you press the back button on your browser); if so, we advise you contact us to ask for your account to be closed and another registration document printed so you can try again
Users must abide by our Terms and Conditions for online access (described further down this page)
Re-registering for Online Services - for patients who registered with Lodgeside Surgery before April 2018
This is necessary due to our clinical system merger - we apologise for the inconvenience caused. You will end up with a new user ID but will be able to set the same password as you used for Lodgeside Surgery online access previously if you would like.
By email: (only if you have received an email from email@example.com and are happy this email account will not be accessed fraudulently)
After 16th April, reply to the Fireclay Health email with the information below:
- your first name (this must match the details we have on record for you – if you are known by a different name, please provide both names)
your postcode (again, this must match the details we have on record for you)
This is so we have a different two-part verification of your identity to that needed when you register online, to reduce the risk that someone else could impersonate you after intercepting your emails.
If the email address you have used matches the one on record for the patient details you have provided and we have you recorded as a former user of Lodgeside Surgery Online Services, we will email back your new registration details with which to set up a new account. As we are likely to be dealing with very high volumes of requests for re-registration, please allow at least 1 week for the practice to process your request before re-enquiring.
Alternatively pop in to Lodgeside Surgery or St George Health Centre:
The Receptionist should be able to see in your notes that you were a previous Lodgeside Online Services user, and if so, you will not have to re-provide ID, just to confirm your identity via a few simple questions before you are given a print-out of your registration document to take home to complete your registration.
Applying for online access on behalf of another registered patient
We are expecting proxy access functionality to be available very soon - this will mean you can request online access as a parent/carer of a patient registered here, even if you are not registered here yourself. You will need to complete a form which must be returned before your registration document can be printed. This will require signed consent from any patient aged 11 or over. This form will be published here once we are providing this service.
- Parents/carers using online access on behalf of an 11-15 year old should only have access to Test results with the child's permission, due to potential confidentiality issues
- Parent/carer access will be removed when the child is 16 years old. Parent/carer access may be removed from the age of 11 at the child’s request with the agreement of a GP who is familiar with the child's situation.
Terms and Conditions for Online Services
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Online Services details are not used by anyone else. If you lose your log-in details please try requesting a password reset from your Online Services provider user ID reminder and/or password reset from the Patient Access website if you provided an email address and mobile phone number when registering. The practice does not have access to your password. If you have forgotten your password, we cannot reset it for you, we can only cancel your registration and issue a new registration document - you will need to use these new details to re-register
2. The use of this service will be monitored and if we find that a user is abusing the service, we will issue a warning letter. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed. Examples of inappropriate use are:
- booking appointments and not turning up for them
- booking appointments for other family members using your name
- consistently booking inappropriate appointments with the doctor
3. Prescriptions Online
3.1 The message box in Patient Access Prescriptions should only be used for comments relating to your selected prescription(s). We cannot action requests for medication that is not on your repeat list, nor reply to any questions raised within this message box.
4. Appointments Online
4.1 Routine GP plus a limited range of other appointment types can be booked online. Please don't book an appointment for anything other than to see a GP unless you are sure you meet the criteria for a different appointment type.
4.2 Our Appointment Booking Guide provides advice on appropriate appointment booking - please abide by these guidelines. This includes not booking appointments if you only need repeat medication or medical paperwork completing.
4.3 GPs in this practice do not prescribe antibiotics for infections which usually get better on their own such as colds and flu - please self-care or ask for advice at a local pharmacy. If appropriate you can telephone to ask for a minor illness nurse appointment
4.4 All your upcoming appointments will be listed online, whether booked online or not. This may include telephone appointments made by the practice to contact you - please only cancel appointments that you have made and you are sure you do not require
5. Care Record Online
Please read the NHS booklet (11 page pdf) regarding security of online health records
5.1 When you apply for Online Services, you can ask Reception for online access to:
- No part of your Care Record OR
- your Core Record (Allergies & Medication) OR
- more detailed Record Access (Allergies & Medication plus Immunisations and/or Test Results. Recent test results will include comments made by practice clinicians where available)
Historic users of online access are likely to have Core Record access. If you would like online access to Immunisations and/or Test Results or if you would like to disable all Care Record access, enquire at Reception.
5.2 Access to coded information on illnesses in your Care Record
Access to Problems & Consultation data (not including freetext information or documents) can be applied for by completing a request form - ask at Reception for a form to be printed from your patient record, so it is pre-completed with your information. Please note:
- This additional record access will only be considered for patients accessing their own data (not parents/carers) and must be applied for in person, with proof of identification (photo ID)
- On application, we will review your medical record with the aim of removing sensitive information (e.g. relating to third parties) and/or items likely to cause harm or distress from online visibility before granting access
- Please allow 1 week for your application to be processed. If the additional information is not then available online, please contact us